Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration, including hard-to-treat forms such as stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks. This latest-generation formula improves the appearance of skin discoloration, brightens skin, and evens skin tone in as early as two (2) weeks.
SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense
A daily dark spot corrector which targets visible skin discoloration for brighter, more even-looking skin.
Application & Usage
Ideal for all skin types.
When to Apply
How to Use
Twice daily, apply three (3) to five (5) drops of this skin discoloration serum to the face. If using in the morning, apply after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen.
Limit sun exposure while using this product. Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- 3% Tranexamic Acid: This ingredient minimizes the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
- 1% Kojic Acid: Kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
- 5% Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
- 5% HEPES: This acid activates natural enzymes in the skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
Silicone-free, hydroquinone-free, fragrance free, gluten-free.
AQUA / WATER / EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, NIACINAMIDE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, GLYCERIN, TRANEXAMIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, KOJIC ACID, CAPRYLYL, GLYCOL, ALLANTOIN, CHLORPHENESIN, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM EDTA.
In a 12-week clinical study, Discoloration Defense significantly improved the appearance of key skin discoloration markers:
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches.
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of skin discoloration.
- 81% average improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks.
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of even skin tone.